RR2 - Traditional Men's Two Piece Suit
The RR2 is the Classic professional two piece racing suit updated through the years for maximum comfort and flexibility without sacrificing safety. The first Vanson RR2 suits were built in 1974. This custom made suit is constructed of a single layer of 1.4mm competition weight cowhide.
All the zippers and hardware are long lasting brass. The ankles and wrists are raw edge leather construction to reduce the bulk in your boots and gloves.
Mandarin collar with fold back snap tab is standard.
The RR2 comes with extra leather sewn in the shoulders, elbow/forearm, and knees.
It has a nylon mesh lining for comfort and ventilation. Lining is semi-removable for armor access, ease of repair, maintenance, graphics and cleaning. There is one pocket (stamped with the Vanson unit number for identification) in the suit which is on the wind flap behind the main zipper. The Vanson unit number is also stamped on the pant waistband end. The Vanson unit number is used to track ownership and service history.
Leather expansion sections are at the back for comfort and freedom of movement. Back of jacket waistband is cut low and tapered to help keep wind out. Waist band with Velcro fastening at front conceals full circumference waist zipper. Stretch knit inner waistband is around top of pants and snaps at front for snug fit.
An applied waistband is sewn around the bottom of the jacket. The back of the waistband is cut low and tapered to help keep the wind out. The front of the waistband has Velcro overflap to conceal and protect the zippers and the gas tank.
As with all of our racing suits, we have customizing options that can be added for minimal additional cost.
The two piece version of the high quality traditional Vanson suit gives great versatility and is often used for Road Racing and Flat Track competition.
• Mandarin collar with fold back snap flap.
• Double leather at shoulders, elbows, forearms and knees.
• Jacket waistband with Velcro fastening at front conceals zippers.
• Back of jacket waistband cut low and tapered to help keep the wind out.
• Stretch knit waistband around top of pants with snap closure front.
• Leg zippers at rear of calf.
• Raw edge finish at ankles and wrists for less bulk.
• Partially removable lining for cleaning and maintenance.
• Vanson embroidered collar