SMO2 - One Piece Custom Super Motard Racing Suit
For a complete review by Brian Murray of SoCal Super Moto see:
The SMO2 is the professional Custom one piece Super Motard racing suit. This suit is constructed of a single layer of 1.4mm competition weight cowhide, 1000 Denier Cordura, 1000 Denier Cordura Heavy Mesh, and Powerstretch Aramid textile.
The SMO2 has the patented Vanson double zipper front entry system that has set a new benchmark for excellence in Super Moto racing. All the zippers and hardware are long lasting brass.
The athletic mesh lining zips out at the crotch, back of the suit, thighs and biceps, (main body of the suit) for washing, replacement and ease of repair and maintenance. There are additional optional linings available: rayon (to block some of the wind), cool max (for humid days) as well as replacement mesh linings.
The wrists and ankles have raw edge leather construction to reduce the bulk in gloves and boots. The neck tab has a double Velcro closure tab flap to keep both front zippers in the safety locked position.
The SMO2 comes standard with complete F.A.S. (Floating Armor System) CE approved Vantech armor that has high flex to allow greater range of motion while retaining a high level of safety. F.A.S. armor is at the shoulders, elbow/forearms, hips and knees. There is an extra layer of leather in the seat. The adjustable or removable PRO4 articulated back pad is attached with Velcro so you can adjust it for comfort. All of the armor is attached with our patented Full Floating Armor System. This allows the armor to stay with the rider for safety while the suit movement is unrestricted.
The suit has PROperf leather panels to increase cooling, flexibility and comfort. It also has a Spandex beaded collar for comfort. Extra large stretch panels in the shoulders, back, and knees are for maximum range of motion and ventilation. These panels are made out of a sandwich of 2 layers of 1000 Denier Mesh Cordura and a layer of stretch spandex.
Powerstretch Aramid material in the armpits, arms, legs and crotch allows extreme ease of movement required for Motard racing.
Each suit is stamped with the Vanson identification number on the wrists and/or leg zipper flaps. The Vanson unit number is used to register ownership and track suit service history of the garment.
We want to thank Paul Lima from GP Motorcycles, Eric Wood from Penquin Racing, and Geoff Arnold from Joker Machine for helping us develop the Vanson Super Motard suits.
• Spandex beaded collar – for no bulk and no restrictions.
• Patented Double zipper front for ease of entry and smooth aerodynamic fit.
• Powerstretch Aramid material in shoulders, arms, legs and crotch to facilitate extreme ease of movement required for Motard racing.
• Combination of leather and textiles for increased safety while providing a lightweight fatigue reducing garment.
• New CE (Vantech) approved armor with high flex to allow a greater range of motion while retaining a high level of safety. For maximum comfort the armor is attached with the patented F.A.S. (Floating Armor System.
• PROperf leather panels to allow increased cooling, flexibility and comfort.
• Extra large mesh Cordura and spandex sandwich stretch panels in shoulders, back and knees for maximum range of motion.
• The lining is partially removable to allow drying, cleaning and the ability to exchange one lining for another.
• Optional linings are available in three different materials; wind-blocking rayon, ventilated mesh (standard) and cool-max for the really humid days.